[gdal-dev] GMT driver for Ogr2Ogr

timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Fri May 9 04:13:24 EDT 2008

HI!

> Is this something I should grab from the debian package list, compile
> from source, or wait (time frame?)
I files the bug reports to make the Ubuntu developers aware of the need to merge. I personally do not really know how to do this.

So you have 3 options now:

1) grab the files from Debian archives
This could work but not that it's gernerally NOT recommended by Ubuntu due to different system configuration.

2) compile yourself with checkinstall

3) use FWTools (http://fwtools.maptools.org/) for Linux in the mean time

Since you are using scripts to built the maps you may easily change the path to the gdal executables.

> Trying to build an automated process for some map generation and I
> require translation of SHP to GMT.
I would be happy I you could share your approach/workflow when you finished developing it.

Kind regards,
Timmie