[gdal-dev] netcdf option build error

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at OpenOSX.com
Tue May 13 01:42:20 EDT 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 3:46 PM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:

>> On Apr 29, 2008, at 2:23 PM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
>>
>>> GDapi.c: In function 'GDsdid':
>>> GDapi.c:10873: error: 'MAX_VAR_DIMS' undeclared (first use in this
>>> function)
>>> GDapi.c:10873: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
>>> once
>>> GDapi.c:10873: error: for each function it appears in.)
>>> GDapi.c:10873: warning: unused variable 'dims'
>>> make[4]: *** [../../o/GDapi.o] Error 1
>>> make[3]: *** [lib-hdfeos] Error 2
>>> make[2]: *** [hdf4-install-obj] Error 2
>>> make[1]: *** [frmts-target] Error 2
>>> make: *** [gdal] Error 2
>>
>> Can anyone inform me where MAX_VAR_DIMS is expected to be? I cannot
>> make sense of it.
>>
>> GDapi.c includes "mfhdf.h" (opposed to <mfhdf.h>), however, there
>> is not any "mfhdf.h" in the GDAL branch. Copying "mfhdf.h" to /
>> frmts/hdf4/hdf-eos does not help either, nor does including
>> "hdf4_netcdf.h".
>>
>> This would help me figure out what is going on a great deal.
>
> I figured the issue out and I apologize for all my noise. I am
> almost embarrassed to say what was causing the issue.
>
> My CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS were set to include both my HDF4 and HDF5
> include directories. I unset them and it builds beautifully.

Hello,

In case anyone is interested, actually, it turns out that HDF4.2r3 was
the problem. Switching to HDF4.2r2 is what really resolved this issue
for me.

Cheers,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>