[gdal-dev] Compiling GDAL-1.5.1 on Linux

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 27 11:37:44 EDT 2008

Lucena, Ivan wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am having some problems compiling on a Linux machine. I would like to disable all the driver that I am having problem with but I am not sure how to do that. I just need some basic rasters drivers like GTIFF and JPG for a temporary use and I am not familiar with all the setting on ./configure.
>
> Here is the error:
>
> gdalhttp.cpp: In function `CPLErr CPLHTTPFetchMulti(CPLHTTPRequest*, int, const char* const*)':
> gdalhttp.cpp:209: `CURLINFO_RESPONSE_CODE' undeclared (first use this function)
> gdalhttp.cpp:209: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
> make[2]: *** [../o/gdalhttp.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lucena/gdal-1.5.1/frmts/wms
> make[1]: *** [wms-install-obj] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lucena/gdal-1.5.1/frmts'
> make: *** [frmts-target] Error 2
>
> I tried that:
>
> ./confugure --disable-wms
>
> but it doesn't help.
>
> Any hint is welcome.

Ivan,

Try --without-curl

The error is (I believe) due to use of relatively modern curl
features by the gdalhttp module in the wms driver.

Actually, what version of curl are you using?  (try curl-config --version)

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate your filing a ticket with the error,
and the curl version you are using.  Then I could look into some sort of
fallback or better error in the WMS driver.