[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.6.0 GDALValidateCreationOptions

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Nov 4 16:17:03 EST 2008

Gao,

I've tried gdal_translate on a 3 band TIFF to a BMP image and it works. Well,
I get the warning twice because the BMP driver doesn't implement the
CreateCopy() method, but apart the warning, the resulting image is correct.
I'd be interested if you could find some code snippet that reproduces the
problem.

Anyway, I've added as you suggested a configuration option to skip the call to
GDALValidateCreationOptions(). Just define GDAL_VALIDATE_CREATION_OPTIONS=NO.
The default is YES, which I believe is the most sensible value for most
usages. I personnaly find it usefull to be reminded that I pass wrong options
due to typo, etc..

See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/15685

Regards,
Even