[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr: why only inserting the first file?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Nov 7 04:04:22 EST 2008

Matt,

I doubt very much that specifying more than 1 source file to ogr2ogr has ever
worked. I've checked up to GDAL 1.4.0 source code and ogr2ogr has only taken
one source dataset at a time.

I also tried (with GDAL 1.6.0beta):
ogr2ogr -f gml test-merge.gml 094a01_3_0.gml
ogr2ogr -append -f gml test-merge.gml 094a02_3_0.gml

and the resulting test-merge.gml is not empty. However it contains only the
features and layers of 094a02_3_0.gml (but I'm not that surprised as GML is a
text format, so it doesn't support very well random access, merging, etc),
whereas doing the same operations to shapefile output worked fine.