[gdal-dev] Is GDAL reentrant

Clay, Bruce bclay at ball.com
Fri Nov 7 08:46:00 EST 2008

I have a Microsoft application with multiple tabs / property pages.
Each tab is controlled by a separate class.  I have a separate instance
of GDAL in each class.  I also had an instance in a popup that I used to
connect to the database.  After the user logins and the popup window
goes away it seems that I have to reregister the OGR drivers in the tabs
as if the OGRCleanupAll in the destructor of the popup was being applied
to the instances in the tabs as well.

Is GDAL / OGR reentrant?  Can we have multiple instances that act
independently?

Bruce