[gdal-dev] Building with Visual Studio Express 2008

guillaume huby guillaume.huby.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 08:05:53 EST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to build GDAL 1.6.0 beta2  (same result with 1.5.3) with Visual
Studio Express 2008.

Everything went fine until I get this message :

vb6_support.cpp(35) : fatal error C1083: Impossible to open include file :
> 'atlbase.h' : No such file or directory

Looking on the web I fall on http://www.gdal.org/faq.html and "Can I build
GDAL with MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition?".

But the Microsoft SDK no longer provides ATL stuff, thus this trick is no
longer valid.

Has anybody successed building GDAL with Visual Studio Express 2008 ?

Is ther some kown turnaround ?

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,
Guillaume.