[gdal-dev] does gdal support radarsat-2 NITF format ?

Philippe Vachon philippe at cowpig.ca
Mon Nov 24 16:21:12 EST 2008

Hi Shawn,

I've never seen a NITF RADARSAT-2 image, so the RADARSAT-2 GDAL driver
was not designed to support NITF. Do you know if it's possible to get
some sample datasets in NITF format from somewhere?

At this point, if you want to read the NITF RS2 imagery, it's probably
safest to use the NITF files directly (i.e. use GDAL's support for
NITF).

Cheers,
Phil