[gdal-dev] geotiff image writing problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 6 17:58:17 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 6:52 AM, Silvia Marchesi
<silviamarchesi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm using gdal for reading and writing geotiff images; I nedd to write a
> c++ code able to read a geotiff image (I have already done it!), process it
> and then give as output an image qith the same size of the input one
> (exception for the number of bands) and with the same geographic data; the
> only difference consists in the DN values (the type is the same) and as I
> said in the number of bands (form multiband image to 1 band).
> Can anybody help me?

Silvia,

I would encourage you to review the existing API Tutorial if you have
not already done so:

  http://www.gdal.org/gdal_tutorial.html

You might also find it instructive to review the gdalenhance.cpp
application which takes and image and produces a modified image.

  http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/apps/gdalenhance.cpp