[gdal-dev] Java build error in GDAL 1.5.3

Nidel, Mike mike.nidel at lmco.com
Mon Oct 27 10:26:41 EDT 2008

I've just updated to the tagged 1.5.3 version of GDAL. I'm building the
Swig Java bindings, and I'm getting the following build error
(truncated, occurs a total of 8 times):

Buildfile: build.xml

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 39 source files to
C:\src\gdal-1.5.3\swig\java\build\class
es
    [javac]
C:\src\gdal-1.5.3\swig\java\org\gdal\gdal\ColorTable.java:35: cannot
 find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method delete_ColorTable(long)
    [javac] location: class org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI
    [javac]       gdalJNI.delete_ColorTable(swigCPtr);
    [javac]              ^

I know this relates to a patch that was provided by Daniele over at
Geosolutions. I applied the patch to a previous build but haven't
applied it to the 1.5.3 baseline on my system.

Is there any intention of fixing this in GDAL? Is it possible I've
missed or forgotten some discussion on the topic? Perhaps it's fixed in
a more recent build?

Mike