[gdal-dev] Java build error in GDAL 1.5.3

Daniele Romagnoli dany.geotools at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 11:22:28 EDT 2008

Hi,
the thing I have noticed in 1.5.3 is that in "swig/include/gdal.i" there is:

#if !defined(SWIGJAVA)
%include "ColorTable.i"
#endif

In case you are building JAVA bindings, the include will be skipped
resulting in errors.
Not sure why this has been added.
In the patch I have provided to Mike, I have removed the !defined/endif
directives.

Moreover, in the patch, for "swig/include/java/gdal_java.i", the line:

"%typemap(javaimports) GDALColorTable %{"

have been substitued by

"%typemap(javaimports) GDALColorTableShadow %{"

Daniele

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Nidel, Mike <mike.nidel at lmco.com> wrote:

> I've just updated to the tagged 1.5.3 version of GDAL. I'm building the
> Swig Java bindings, and I'm getting the following build error
> (truncated, occurs a total of 8 times):
>
> Buildfile: build.xml
>
> compile:
>    [javac] Compiling 39 source files to
> C:\src\gdal-1.5.3\swig\java\build\class
> es
>    [javac]
> C:\src\gdal-1.5.3\swig\java\org\gdal\gdal\ColorTable.java:35: cannot
>  find symbol
>    [javac] symbol  : method delete_ColorTable(long)
>    [javac] location: class org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI
>    [javac]       gdalJNI.delete_ColorTable(swigCPtr);
>    [javac]              ^
>

> I know this relates to a patch that was provided by Daniele over at
> Geosolutions. I applied the patch to a previous build but haven't
> applied it to the 1.5.3 baseline on my system.
>
> Is there any intention of fixing this in GDAL? Is it possible I've
> missed or forgotten some discussion on the topic? Perhaps it's fixed in
> a more recent build?
>

> Mike

Eng. Daniele Romagnoli
Software Engineer