[gdal-dev] Algorithm Development

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Sep 7 21:32:50 EDT 2008

Folks,

Based on a bit of duplication between Ari and I, I thought it might be
helpful for me to summarize a bit of the work I have underway.  For clients
I am developing:

- Support for blend cutlines in the warper.
- An algorithm for computing raster proximity maps.
- An algorithm for interpolation in regions of a raster.
- An algorithm for converting raster images to vector polygon layers.
- An algorithm for filtering small polygons out of a raster layer (a
   sieve filter).
- Improving the support different geometry variations in the OGR Oracle driver

If anyone has specific questions or suggestions about these it might
make sense to contact me.  A significant portion of the above is already
done to some degree, and some of it is available in trunk.