[gdal-dev] images with different resolution.

Michele Sanges michele.sanges at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 04:58:27 EDT 2008

Hi,

thanks for your replies.

Suppose that in my application the region is empty, there are not maps
loaded.
The user opens a map with a its own resolution; now the region is the whole
map.
Then the user opens another map with resolution different from the previous
one.

In order to represent simultaneously the two maps, I need to set one of the
two resolution as region's resolution (I think the more high) and
subsampling the data of the other map.

As Oliver as said, this is made with the RasterIO function, I think with the
nPixelSpace parameter. But what is the relation between the parameters
nPixelSpace to pass to the the RasterIO function, and the adfGeoTransform[]
of the two maps?

Thanks a lot.
Michele