[gdal-dev] Re: GDAL version for reading TerrasarX data

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.nl
Fri Sep 19 05:55:00 EDT 2008

Severino,

first: please always include the gdal list in your replies. Others might
want to follow the discussion, might know answers, and everything will
be archived and searcheable later when someone has the same problem. You
don't even need to include my private email address, as I'm following
gdal-dev pretty closely and will answer on threads that I participated
in (provided I know an answer).

That being said, I'd say try to tackle one problem at a time. First make
sure you know your gdal works, and works for terrasar-x data. Try
running some gdal commandline apps (gdalinfo, gdal_translate) on files
you know it should be able to read (e.g. geotiff or the like), and check
whether everything works OK. Then run gdalinfo on a terrasar-x file (use
the .xml file for that, not the cosar file). it should give you some
basic info about the terrasar data, probably with lat and lon for the
corner gcp's flipped when you did not patch your gdal before building
(see the bug report I mentioned). When you have that working, try otb
(don't forget: use the terrasar .xml file as input).
When something fails and you don't know why or how to fix it, please
post to this list again (or, in case of an otb related error, to the otb
list), including what fails (your command line input, or code) and the
error if you get one, otherwise it will be very hard for us to know what
possibly went wrong and how to proceed.

Good luck!
Vincent.