[gdal-dev] MapInfo error handling

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 19 13:22:33 EDT 2008

Andrew,

Unfortunately, my brief review of #2501 ran into complications and I
backed away from it and haven't had time to get back to it. I'm afraid
there is no real way to know when the ticket will be addressed.  I'm
unlikely to return to it unless geolocation arrays come back to the top
of my stack for some unrelated reason.

But at least with the ticket in the system, the issue and your suggestions
are not lost.

While we (GDAL) do welcome patches.  The truth is that i have broken
lots of things in the past (sometimes subtle breaks) by applying patches
without decent review and understanding.  So now I'm a bit gunshy about
applying tricky patches without careful review.

Thus, some ticket lie dormant for long periods of time.

Best regards,