[gdal-dev] Re: [mapserver-users] can't derive the projection for a geotiff in Guatemala

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:10:04 EDT 2008

Frank,

No .aux file was supplied.  They just gave us a .tif and a .tfw which were
in the same directory which means gdalinfo was run against both.  Based on
the limited information that was supplied the only thing that I can think of
doing at this point is to find all the EPSG codes listed under Guatemala and
running gdalwarp against each and then displaying each within a mapping
application to see if it accurately displays within Guatemala.

John

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>wrote:

> John Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having difficulty deriving the EPSG code/projection/Coordinate System
>> for a geotiff in Guatemala.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>

> John,
>
> By any chance is there an .aux file with this .tif file?  If so, running
> gdalinfo on it might be helpful to get the coordinate system.
>
> Best regards,
> --

> warmerdam at pobox.com
> light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam<http://pobox.com/%7Ewarmerdam>