[gdal-dev] gdalwarp interpolation artifacts

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:37:09 EDT 2008

Hi Seth and Frank,

Thanks for the feedback.  I just finished reading the changelog link that
Seth sent and all I can say is, "Wow, nice job!"

I did some further testing last night using a single GTOPO30 tile, and doing
a 10x upsample.  The artifacts are present in it at columns 6000 and 12000,
so I think we can rule out that gdal_merge.py is introducing the error.  I'm
testing the cubic resampling operator this morning, in the hopes that it
won't produce the error.  Since it seems to require a very large scaling
difference, it also takes a bit of time to run the test.  I'll let you know
what I find when it's done.

Regarding running the latest code from trunk, I'm not sure if I can do
that.  I'm currently using the gdal implementation in the Linux version of
FWTools-2.0.6 because I am unable to get all of the dependencies installed
that I need for a source-compiled version of gdal to work properly on my
system.  I think I remember seeing some traffic from Mateuz in the recent
past that indicated he used FWTools to build against.  I'll see if I can
figure out what he was doing.  If I recall correctly, Frank wasn't a huge
fan of this technique though. ;)

Thanks again,

Roger