Re: [gdal-dev] translate many ascii file in a folder to another folder

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Wed Apr 8 08:29:59 EDT 2009

What OS are you in? What output format is that, JDEM, USGSDEM, an elevation model in any other raster format?

Check the "for" help (type "for help" on Windows, "man for" on UNIX).

Example in Windows with Geotiff output:

C:\> for  %I  in  (E:\asci\*.asc)  do  gdal_translate  -of gtiff  %I  E:\dem\%~nI.tif

Replace the file extension if need.