[gdal-dev] Spherical Mercator projects and overviews?

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Thu Apr 9 14:41:02 EDT 2009

Stephen,

if you are interested to visually see the extent of tiles of Spherical
Mercator (EPSG:900913) as it is used by Google Maps and similar
services you can play a bit with this mashup:

http://www.maptiler.org/google-maps-coordinates-tile-bounds-projection/

When you click it shows you an info-balloon with the extents of the
clicked tile.

The standard maximal extent is:

WGS84 datum (longitude/latitude):
-180 -85.05112877980659