[Gdal-dev] Flashy colors in a pyramid

acangi aca at ngi.be
Wed Aug 19 09:20:35 EDT 2009

I see the same strange areas when I'm viewing the tiles with Irfanview, so geoserver is excluded.

I re-created the first tile that gave me the problem (and only this tile) from the source files using gdal_retile and gdal_translate -projwin. The problem isn't there any more. So I guess it was only a random error ? I still need to recreate the higher tiles, if that works.

Thanks for the tip on the option "TILED=YES". It comes from gdal_translate, I didn't think much when I started using gdal_retile. So I have no specific reason to use it and the output tiles of gdal_retile aren't tiled inside.

Alain