[Gdal-dev] Flashy colors in a pyramid

acangi aca at ngi.be
Thu Aug 20 08:58:33 EDT 2009

acangi wrote:

> I re-created the first tile that gave me the problem (and only this tile)
> from the source files using gdal_retile and gdal_translate -projwin. The
> problem isn't there any more. [...] I still need to recreate the higher
> tiles, if that works.

Using gdal_retile step by step for re-creating the higher tiles works fine.
In a few monthes, I'd like to be able to do this on an automated way. The
source (geotiff) files I used to create the pyramid will be updated, and
I'll need to update the pyramids (and the cache). Maybe the best way is to
re-create the whole pyramid, but as this took me 10 days, I'd prefer to just
update the tiles above the ones that changed. Is there a tool that already
does that ? Or should I write a script herefor ?

In the latter case, do you know a way to query a mosaic shapefile with
coordinates to get the name of the geotiff file that includes this
coordinates ?