[gdal-dev] Does GDAL support ArcInfo Binary Grids with multiple bands?

Jason Roberts jason.roberts at duke.edu
Thu Aug 27 17:27:28 EDT 2009

Is the GDAL ArcInfo Binary Grid (AIG) driver intended to support AIGs with
multiple bands? I have a 5-band AIG for which the Python gdal bindings for
GDAL 1.6.0 report "`C:\Temp\ccomp2' not recognised as a supported file
format." ArcGIS 9.3.1 reports that the "format" of it is "GRID Stack 7.x".
It was created using standard ArcGIS tools.

If this is not supported, I can work around the problem. I just would like
to know the intent of the GDAL team.

Thanks for your help,

Jason