[gdal-dev] Re: open source tool for TIN visualization

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:26:57 EDT 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:25 AM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:

>> I have not tried these LIDAR LAS tools, but they looked quite
>> interesting:
>>
>> http://www.cs.unc.edu/~isenburg/lastools/
>
> Be careful here -- it is not clear that Isenburg's tools are in fact
> OSI-compliant open source.  (He has lots of good stuff, and some of
> us wish it he was clearer on this point.)

Indeed.  Martin's tools are definitely not OSI-compliant open source,
and you can contact him for licensing information if you wish to
include his code in your softwares.  He did grant libLAS the ability
to use a port of his lastools commandline utilities (las2las, las2txt
and so on ... the more mundane administrative-type stuff) however.

Howard