[Gdal-dev] how to write out a tiff file using GDAL?

cudars cudars at yeah.net
Fri Dec 4 09:49:29 EST 2009

Ivan-5 wrote:

> You can start by looking at the tutorial:
>
> http://gdal.org/gdal_tutorial.html
>
> The section "Using Create()" shows how to create new files.
>
> Other examples in C or C++ can be found at the /apps folder.
>
> Regards.

I have read GDAL API Tutorial.
The Tutorial wrote "Once the dataset is successfully created, all
appropriate metadata and raster data must be written to the file. What this
is will vary according to usage, but a simple case with a projection,
geotransform and raster data is covered here."

If I want to write more metadata other than projection, geotransform etc,
What should I do?
I want to keep the original tiff file metadata and add my metadata to the
new create tiff.