[gdal-dev] problem with ArcSDE raster (negative values)

Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Tue Dec 8 01:43:14 EST 2009

bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been trying to debug my problem which I originally posted on
> mapserver-users here:
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2009-November/063706.html
>
> I've debugged the problem to the following part of
> frmts/sde/sderasterband.cpp:
>
>     if (bits_per_pixel >= 8) {
>         memcpy(pImage, pixels, block_size);
>         GByte *p = reinterpret_cast<GByte*>(pImage);
>     } else {
>
> The values in the pixels variable are still okay, and contain mostly
> negative values as well as 0 (for example -42).
>
> The p variable only contains positive values and 0 values.
>
> Hopefully this will help somebody to pinpoint the problem, as I am not
> familiar enough with C++ to solve this.
>
> TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Bart,

Since you are using Oracle 10g, have you tried to use the GDAL/GeoRaster driver instead of the
GDAL/SDE?

The GeoRaster driver uses the OCI library to read BLOB direct from the server, as long as the column
data type is the ORACLE's SDO_GEORASTER, not the ESRI's ST_RASTER or Terralib's TE_RASTER or
anything else...

You would need to change your .MAP file, LAYER/DATA parameter according to the GeoRaster
identification string [http://gdal.org/frmt_georaster.html].

Regards,

Ivan