[gdal-dev] ImportError: No module named osgeo

Malanding Jaiteh mjaiteh at ciesin.columbia.edu
Fri Dec 11 16:17:34 EST 2009

Folks I need help setting up gdal.
I get the following error when I tried to run the following import line:

from osgeo import gdal

error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\GIS_TOOLS\Python\GDAL_Geotiff_conversion.py", line 9, in <module>
    from osgeo import gdal
ImportError: No module named osgeo

I recall running the same script months ago the same machine although I
had a Windows XP x64 on my machine then. Now I have gdawin32-1.6 on 32
bit Windows XP Professional  Service Pack 3, with the following user
variables:
PATH = C:\C:\gdalwin32-1.6\bin
GDAL_DATA = C:\gdalwin32-1.6\data

I am running Python 2.5.1 Tk version 8.4
IDLE version 1.2.1

I tried without success to physically locate osgeo module either in
C:\gdalwin32-1.6 or C:\PYTHON 2.5 directories.

Also is there a way to do text search on the entire gdal-dev archives?

Malanding Jaiteh