Fwd: Re[4]: [gdal-dev] gdalwarp: mercator to lambert azimutal equeal area

jumpjack jumpjack at libero.it
Tue Feb 10 14:52:11 EST 2009

I tried georeferencing one of these images ( http://www.oera.net/How2/TextureMaps2.htm ) using MapWindow GIS; the pogram generated a .jgw file, which then I fixed by replacing "," by "." and changing something like 179.12345 to 180.0 .
Then I tried again this command:
>gdalwarp -s_srs  "+proj=merc" -t_srs "+proj=laea" world.jpg  dest.jpg

Ok, program now does not complain for any error... but what I get as output is EXACTLY the SAME image!!!

What's wrong now?
And how do I specify the center of the Lambert projection to be on north pole?

*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********