[gdal-dev] swig error on SVN trunk in python

Gregory, Matthew matt.gregory at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jan 15 20:08:59 EST 2009

Hi all,

I updated trunk (revision 16087) and rebuilt GDAL.  My configuration is
Windows XP/VC7/Python24/swigwin-1.3.33.  I rebuilt the core using
makegdal71 without issues, but when I do 'nmake /f makefile.vc python'
from within the swig directory, I get an error message:

  ../include/python\ogr_python.i(999999): Error: Missing #endif for
  conditional starting on line 225
  NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\swig\swigwin-1.3.33\swig.exe' : return
code '0x1'

I note that ../include/python/ogr_python.i was updated on January 9.  If
uncomment lines 225 and 226 (as it was in the prevision revision),
everything builds fine.

Given that the error message doesn't seem to fit the python code, I'm
guessing that I'm doing something incorrectly in my setup.  I tried this
with Python25 with similar results.  Any help is appreciated.

Matt Gregory
Department of Forest Science
Oregon State University