[gdal-dev] JP2ECW driver fails with lossless JPEG2000 images

Greg Coats gregcoats at mac.com
Wed Jan 21 10:05:27 EST 2009

geojasper includes a utility that conveniently compares a GeoTif
image to a GeoJp2 image.  Greg Coats

$ geoimgcmp
Image Comparison Utility (Version 1.900.1).
usage:
geoimgcmp -f reference_image_file -F other_image_file [-m metric]
The metric argument may assume one of the following values:
     psnr .... peak signal to noise ratio
     mse ..... mean squared error
     rmse .... root mean squared error
     pae ..... peak absolute error
     mae ..... mean absolute error
     equal ... equality (boolean)
$ geoimgcmp -f 18stj940125.tif -F 18stj940125_kdu_reversible.jp2 -m rmse
geojasper info: GeoTiff found, size: 471
geojasper info: TIFF file decoded!
geojasper info: GeoJp2 info found...
0.000000
0.000000
0.000000
$ geoimgcmp -f 18stj940125.tif -F
18stj940125_kdu_irreversible10to1.jp2 -m rmse
geojasper info: GeoTiff found, size: 471
geojasper info: TIFF file decoded!
geojasper info: GeoJp2 info found...
3.706568
3.730488