[gdal-dev] JP2ECW driver fails with lossless JPEG2000 images

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 12:10:21 EST 2009

Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been suspecting that JP2ECW driver does not handle lossless jpeg2000
> images correctly and now I am pretty sure that it is true at least with images
> compressed with Kakadu.

Jukka,

I have also observed that the JP2ECW driver does not appear to read losslessly
compressed jpeg2000 files with the expected image values, though I had not
spent time verifying it.  I am not sure if this is an ECW SDK issue or
something I do (or don't do) in the driver code.

It might be good for you to file a ticket on this issue, if you have a small
lossless file to demonstrate the issue.  I am not sure if/when anyone would
look into it though.