[gdal-dev] Use an existing image for projection

Smith, Michael Michael.Smith at maine.gov
Mon Jan 26 09:05:29 EST 2009

Related to my previous post, is there simply a way to specify an
existing image as the template for projection?  My problem is that the
SID files I received are all in the same projection, yet some have the
projection info encoded and others don't.  This causes problems as I
make mosaics with gdalwarp.  If I could do something like  "-t_srs
image1.sid" that would be great.  Can I get projection out of gdalinfo
somehow and into a file?

Michael Smith
State GIS Manager
Maine Office of GIS