[gdal-dev] Use an existing image for projection

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 26 11:51:18 EST 2009

Smith, Michael wrote:
> Related to my previous post, is there simply a way to specify an
> existing image as the template for projection?  My problem is that the
> SID files I received are all in the same projection, yet some have the
> projection info encoded and others don't.  This causes problems as I
> make mosaics with gdalwarp.  If I could do something like  "-t_srs
> image1.sid" that would be great.  Can I get projection out of gdalinfo
> somehow and into a file?

Michael,

I do not plan to extend the -t_srs and related switch to support using
a raster file as a template.  However, you can cut and paste the coordinate
system reported by gdalinfo and put it in a text file, then use the name of
this text file as an argument to -t_srs and other similar commandline
switches.