[gdal-dev] Open Aerial Map Access via C#

Marcelo Oliveira moliveira at GEOSTATS.com
Mon Jan 26 09:25:54 EST 2009

Hi There,

I am using the GDAL build that comes with FWTools2.2.6 (GDAL 1.6.0dev)
to try to open OAM ("http://openaerialmap.org/static/ww.xml") using the
C# bindings for GDAL and it throws the following exception:

<<<<
GDALWMS: Bad projection specified.

The source code that causes the exception to be thrown is :

<<<<
	String filename = "http://openaerialmap.org/static/ww.xml";
	Gdal.AllRegister();
	Dataset  dataSet = Gdal.OpenShared(fileName, 0); <----

However,  I can open and extract pieces of this dataset using gdalinfo
and gdal_translate via the command line.  Is this a know limitation of
the C# bindings or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, M

Marcelo Simas Oliveira
GeoStats LP
530 Means St., Ste. 310