[gdal-dev] Terra-SAR COSAR data ingestion

Vali Poncos vali_poncos at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 28 13:22:12 EST 2009

Hello folks,

I am starting a development project that involves Terra-SAR X High Resolution Spotlight data. I used Frank's FWTools and I can load the data but it doesn't seem to contain the georeference information. Also I tried the OpenEV from Vexcel which doesn't recognize Terra-SAR data at all. I'll try to recompile OpenEV with the latest GDAL in order to be able to load the TSX data but I'm concerned about the missing georeferencing information. I've seen a posting in this list that indicates GDAL reading the XML file coming with TSX.
My question: is GDAL capable of reading the georeference info for TSX? If yes, that means both the FWTools and OpenEV should be updated to load and display georeferenced TSX data?
Thanks,
Vali