[gdal-dev] Regarding using OCI

Peter Halls P.Halls at york.ac.uk
Fri Jul 17 05:50:47 EDT 2009

Srikanth,

   with the driver documentation, Frank has provided a simple overview
example. Otherwise, the OCI driver works just like any other. Look
carefully at Frank's syntax for the connection string, though.

   I've been using this driver for a couple of years now with very good
results - indeed, this seems more convenient than using the ArcSDE driver
interface and is a good test that the SDE environment is properly set up to
share data through Oracle.

   I'm not in my office at the moment, however when I'm back I could dig
out some examples of how my code uses the OCI driver, if that would be any
help to you.

Best wishes,

Peter

On Jul 17 2009, Srikanth wrote:

>Dear All,
>
> I want to connect to Oracle and save/retrieve the vector/raster files
> using OCI. I have identified the classes ( ogrocidriver, ogrocistatement,
> ogrocitablelayer, etc) in GDAL to achieve this.But I did not find any
> documentation or examples to guide. I would be thankful if anyone can
> provide me suitable examples or guide me in locating suitable
> documenation.

Peter Halls, University of York GIS Advisor
Snail Mail: Computing Service, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, England
Telephone: 01904 433806   FAX: 01904 433740

This message has the status of a private & personal communication