[gdal-dev] Numeric package

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:07:00 EDT 2009

>2009/7/30  <Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca>:
> In a script I have this
>     try:
>         import numpy as Numeric
>     except ImportError:
>         import Numeric
>
> I got this error when running the script
>     import Numeric
> ImportError: No module named Numeric
>
> I'm on windows
> Under C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages
> I have this
>

> I though numpy and numeric package were installed but it seems not.
> How can I install the numeric package properly?

You probably don't need to.

Numeric has been superseded by NumPy and is no longer actively
developed. You should use NumPy instead, whenever you have a choice
(the first part of your script is trying to do this by importing the
numpy package and calling it by the name Numeric).

It's not clear from your description where your script is failing.
What happens when you type the following at a Python prompt?

>>> import numpy
>>> numpy.__version__

Cheers,
Scott