[gdal-dev] Numeric package SOLVEd

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Thu Jul 30 10:41:20 EDT 2009

Thanks Scott
The numpy version installed on the server wasn't for win32.
I download the correct version and it is working.
Thanks again for your help,
Steve

Steve Toutant, M. Sc.
Analyste en géomatique
Secteur environnement
Direction des risques biologiques, environnementaux et occupationnels
Institut national de santé publique du Québec
945, avenue Wolfe
Québec, Qc G1V 5B3
Tél.: (418) 650-5115 #5281
Fax.: (418) 654-3144
steve.toutant at inspq.qc.ca
http://www.inspq.qc.ca

Scott Sinclair <scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
30/07/2009 10:07 AM

gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
cc

Objet
Re: [gdal-dev] Numeric package

>2009/7/30  <Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca>:
> In a script I have this
>     try:
>         import numpy as Numeric
>     except ImportError:
>         import Numeric
>
> I got this error when running the script
>     import Numeric
> ImportError: No module named Numeric
>
> I'm on windows
> Under C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages
> I have this
>

> I though numpy and numeric package were installed but it seems not.
> How can I install the numeric package properly?

You probably don't need to.

Numeric has been superseded by NumPy and is no longer actively
developed. You should use NumPy instead, whenever you have a choice
(the first part of your script is trying to do this by importing the
numpy package and calling it by the name Numeric).

It's not clear from your description where your script is failing.
What happens when you type the following at a Python prompt?

>>> import numpy
>>> numpy.__version__

Cheers,
Scott