[gdal-dev] python gdal installation issues

Benjamin R Welton benjamin.r.welton at wmich.edu
Wed Jun 10 17:47:11 EDT 2009

Hey all,

    Im having a bit of an issue using the python gdal api's. I keep getting an error in python saying that it is unable to find libgdal.so.1. I am not having any issues using the various gdal binaries however (gdalinfo works).  i looked at PYPI and  changed the gdal-config location setting in the setup.cfg file which allowed me to install the python module but when i attempt to use it i get the libgdal.so.1 file missing  error.

   Anyone know of a way to fix this issue? I am compiling gdal from source on CentOS 5.1 using python 2.4.3.

Thanks,
Ben