[gdal-dev] 8/12 bit jpeg in tiff dual mode

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 26 15:22:36 EDT 2009

Folks,

Over the last few weeks I have been working on support for reading and
writing TIFF files with 12bit jpeg compressed images.  This is a somewhat
popular format for scanned airphotos from some vendors.

I have made changes in libjpeg and libtiff upstream, and incorporated these
updates into GDAL trunk so that now a default build of GDAL trunk should
support reading and writing 8 and 12 bit jpeg compressed TIFF files.  A
description of the projects and changes is available at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/TIFF12BitJPEG

I would appreciate testing and feedback on this capability.  I would also
like to thank Adam Nowaki who assisted with some issues in libtiff related
to this project.