[gdal-dev] Converting USGSDEM into GTOP30 DEM or DTED

İsmail Dönmez ismail at namtrac.org
Fri Mar 13 07:38:20 EDT 2009

Hi all;

I have a rather big (3.1G) USGSDEM file. I need to convert it to
GTOP30 DEM format or to a series of DTED files to be read by a 3rd
party library which does not support USGSDEM files. I looked around
and apparently gdal does not support exporting to GTOP30 DEM format.
So I wonder if there is a way to convert USGSDEM file into a DTED file
which will cover _all_ area, ie.

gdal_translate -of DTED input.dem out.dt0

just creates a one point with 1201x1201 area.

Any help is appreciated. Regards.

--
İsmail DÖNMEZ