[gdal-dev] Feature Style

Andy Tompkins atompkins at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 17 15:07:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have just started to use the feature styles in ogr_featurestyle.h,
documented at http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_feature_style.html.  I really
like them.

I have a few questions:
How much are they supported?
Are they widely used?
The OGRStyleSymbol does not quite match the document.  The code has a
place for fontname and the doc has a place for outline style.  I assume
the doc is correct?
How is the angle for a symbol interpreted?  I assume as an absolute
angle.  I would like to draw arrows along a line to show direction, but
each arrow symbol would need a different angle to match the tangent of
the line.  Can I represent this with a SYMBOL string?

Thanks in advance,
Andy Tompkins