[gdal-dev] gdal create tif, errors with gdaladdo

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Mar 19 17:56:30 EDT 2009

Hi,

no those warnings don't sound good at all ! The number of overviews should be
fine too.

Could you precise the version of GDAL you're using and if you have built with
internal libtiff or external libtiff ?
(Such warnings could happen with older libtiff, especially with TIFF
compression)
Could you just check gdalinfo -checksum file.tif on your original file before
running gdaladdo and check that it doesn't throw similar errors ?

Best regards,
Even