[gdal-dev] Is it a big thing to change ECW to support 16-bit imagery?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Mar 28 09:36:07 EDT 2009

Mo,

NITF driver cannot use Jasper for reading JPEG2000 compressed NITF images,
because Jasper doesn't support decoding an image that is located at an
arbitrary offset inside a file. (At least, that's the first reason why it
can't work.). I imagine that if you badly want to use Japser, you could hack
the NITF driver so that it writes a temporary image with just the JPEG200
content and pass it to the Jasper driver.

Even