[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.6.1 RC2 Released

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue May 12 00:38:51 EDT 2009

Same external libtiff 4 beta and internal geotiff as I've always
used.  Actually newer, beta 3, than I used in GDAL 1.6.0 (beta 2).
Maybe something important has been updated in libtiff since beta 3?

I see that there are a lot of very recent changes in the internal
libtiff, maybe they are related to the many changes in the gtiff
driver.  If so, it would be nice to have a new libtiff beta.

On May 11, 2009, at 11:08 PM, Ivan wrote:

> William,
>
> I might be wrong but I think that this TIFFReadDirectory error is
> because you need to use the GDAL internal libtiff/geotiff libraries
> as in Linux:
>
> ./configure --with-libtiff=internal --with-geotiff=internal
>
> Regards,
>
> Ivan
>
> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> Just got done testing RC1... Autotests all OK on OSX except for a
>> new failure:
>>  TEST: tiff_ovr_10: tiff_ovr_10_interverted ... ERROR 1:
>> TIFFFetchDirectory:tmp/ovr10.tif: Can not read TIFF directory count
>> ERROR 1: TIFFReadDirectory:Failed to read directory at offset
>> 1276248064
>> fail
>>    Failed to open copy of test dataset.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe