[gdal-dev] My introduction as GSoC 09 student

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at gmail.com
Wed May 13 18:42:13 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm one of the students selected for the GSoC 09 - GDAL projects.
Specifically, I'm going to work on the PostGIS / WKT Raster driver
implementation (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SummerOfCode).

During last year, I've been working with GDAL and PostGIS, and I fell in
love with GIS development :-). The GDAL community helped me a lot, and I
think that is time to pay you back, and to modestly contribute to this great
open source project.

So, time to work. And I have a question: May I use the GDAL wiki to inform
about my work and share it? Better to use this wide-used wiki that create my
own one, I think. In this case, who can provide me login data?

Thanks in advance, anyway, and good summer!

Jorge