[gdal-dev] My introduction as GSoC 09 student

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu May 14 04:37:52 EDT 2009

2009/5/14 Jorge Arévalo <jorge.arevalo at gmail.com>

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm one of the students selected for the GSoC 09 - GDAL projects.
> Specifically, I'm going to work on the PostGIS / WKT Raster driver
> implementation (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SummerOfCode).
>
> During last year, I've been working with GDAL and PostGIS, and I fell in
> love with GIS development :-). The GDAL community helped me a lot, and I
> think that is time to pay you back, and to modestly contribute to this great
> open source project.

Jorge,

Welcome on the board, I hope I (as your mentor) will be able to help you to
work this out successfully, feel free to ask your questions/ share your
experiences either on this list or by contacting me directly.

> So, time to work. And I have a question: May I use the GDAL wiki to inform
> about my work and share it? Better to use this wide-used wiki that create my
> own one, I think. In this case, who can provide me login data?

The gdal trac wiki  (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki) is a good place to
share this information. To submit wiki pages, create or update bug reports,
you'll need to create an osgeo userid: http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid

Best regards,

Tamas