[gdal-dev] GDAL scripting with Python 2.5 (on windows)

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Oct 20 12:33:07 EDT 2009

Hi Aleksey,

With osgeo4w as Ivan noted you need to install the gdal-python package.
O4w doesn't register it's python on the windows registry, so unless you
run your .py script from inside the o4w shell it won't find the right
python either.

There are a number of python scripts in C:\Osgeo4w\bin\ which you can
use as a model for your own to get started.

cheers,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology