[gdal-dev] driver paths - either/or

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Oct 28 14:13:43 EDT 2009

I just noticed that when setting GDAL_DRIVER_PATH in the environment,
it overrides the paths configured into GDAL, instead of adding to
those paths.  Was this intentional?  Any way to tell GDAL to *add*
GDAL_DRIVER_PATH to the configured paths?

I want to override the installed GRASS plugin when starting up GRASS
to point to a version compatible with the GRASS being started.

ie:

installed plugin: gdal_ & ogr_GRASS v6.4
also installed as a plugin: gdal_ECW_JP2ECW

GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=/path/to/GRASS-6.5/lib/gdalplugins (gdal_ & ogr_GRASS
v6.5)

So, the v6.5 plugin is loaded, but now I don't have my ECW plugin.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy