[gdal-dev] Seek error accessing TIFF directory
mattxbart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:44:19 EDT 2009
I did a make clean (on both gdal and mapnik (scons.py -c)), then
compiled gdal with the --with-hide-internal-symbols. This seems to
have resolved the libtiff conflict going on with mapnik.
On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Even
Rouault<even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:
> Selon Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>:
> In case of conflict between GDAL internal libtiff and system libtiff with which
> mapnik would be linked, you can also try adding --with-hide-internal-symbols to
> the GDAL configure line.
>> Matt Bartolome wrote:
>> > Hello list,
>> > I just compiled gdal 1.6.2 on my fedora 10 box from source. I'm in the
>> > process of evaluating some 2009 imagery in geotiff format. I've tried
>> > compiling with external libs and internal options with the same
>> > result.
>> > # ./configure --with-libtiff=internal --with-geotiff=internal
>> > When processing the tiff with mapnik rendering library I get:
>> > UserWarning: TIFFReadDirectory [myfile].tif Seek error accessing TIFF
>> > directory (encountered during parsing of layer 'imagery')
>> > I'm not sure what function of gdal is being called by mapnik but
>> > things like gdalinfo, gdalwarp seem to work without any issues its
>> > just when rendering a tile with mapnik.
>> > When I compile against gdal version 1.5.3 (package install with fedora
>> > 10) everything seems to work as expected.
>> > Any suggestions or is this a bug in the newer version?
>> I have no reason to believe this represents a bug in GDAL.
>> I would suggest you compile with the system libtiff as it is fairly
>> likely that mapnik depends on other libraries that also use libtiff
>> in which case mixing the internal GDAL libtiff and the system libtiff
>> could cause all sorts of problems.
>> Also, you need to do a "make clean" after a re-configure. GDAL's makefiles
>> try to avoid unnecessary recompilation but in some cases it is at the cost
>> of not forcing rebuild of stuff that ought to have been recompiled (for
>> instance after reconfiguring).
>> If the problem persists you would pretty much need to track it
>> down in gdb, or perhaps with valgrind. Pay particular attention to the
>> possibility of more than one libtiff ending up in the final process.
>> Best regards,
>> I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com
>> light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
>> and watch the world go round - Rush | Geospatial Programmer for Rent
>> gdal-dev mailing list
>> gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
More information about the gdal-dev