[gdal-dev] gdalwarp fills nulls?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Sep 10 18:04:16 EDT 2009

Maybe I'm missing something?  I'm trying to resample a DEM, with null/
nodata values in oceans, using gdalwarp.  No matter what options I've
used so far, all the resampled nodata areas get filled with 0.

GDAL 1.6.2

So far I've tried (src res 10, nodata -32768 defined in src):

gdalwarp -tr 100 100 -ot Int16 -r lanczos indem.tif outdem.tif
gdalwarp -tr 100 100 -ot Int16 -r lanczos -dstnodata -32768 indem.tif
outdem.tif
gdalwarp -tr 100 100 -ot Int16 -r lanczos -dstalpha indem.tif outdem.tif

The last time I used gdalwarp, with nulls, was back at 1.5.x, and it
worked then, though I was projecting data (-t_srs), instead of only
resampling.  (I'd have to dig up an old 1.5 to see if it still works)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin